As we change from Summer to Fall, it is time to think about how you want your garden to look in the Spring. This is the time when you want to plant bulbs to fill your garden with beautiful colors after the dreary Winter. Daffodils, hyacinth, and tulips are just some of the many bulbs we have in stock for you to plant.
Tips for Planting
- Be sure to get the bulbs in the ground at least six weeks before the ground freezes. They need the cool temperatures to start the biochemical process that allows them to flower.
- In general, you should plant your bulbs approximately 6 inches below the surface. Be sure to check the specific instructions for the bulbs you are planting for more information regarding the planting depth!
- Make sure the side growing the roots is facing downwards. Most bulbs have a pointed end where the flower will come out of, and this should be the side facing upwards when you plant.
- Use bone meal in the soil when you are planting as an organic fertilizer for the bulbs.
- Worried about squirrels or chipmunks digging up your bulbs? Cover the soil with mesh or chicken wire so the critters cannot get through to the bulbs.
- Water, water, water!
For more information and to see what types of bulbs we have in stock, stop in today or give us a call!